Bring your organization, club or group to Virginia City for a fun and unique experience.
Step back in time is more than a motto. They are our words to live by. Our historic destination provides an experience more than 150 years in the making. If you’re planning a group event or outing, Virginia City has what you need to give your guests an unforgettable experience.
In the late 1800s, the Virginia City, Gold Hill and Silver City area became one of the largest communities west of Denver. It was the center of business and enterprise churning out leaders in mining and engineering while influencing the stock exchange with the amount of gold and silver (lead by the millionaire Silver Kings, the prominent miners on the Comstock) coming from the hills.
Today, Virginia City feels and looks the same as it did in the late 1800s, yet is within 40 minutes of the Reno-Tahoe International Airport. It’s a place you can look forward to while experiencing the past. And where leisure time here, is the real deal. Productivity is high and distractions are small.
Virginia City delivers on all points offering affordable venues for groups and parties from 20 to 200. Options include:
- Discounted tickets to Virginia City’s venues and attractions including the Virginia & Truckee Railroad, Virginia City Trolley, mine tours and our historic museums
- Great food and saloon adventures
- Live music and lively entertainment
- Organized ghost hunts or tours
- Shopping on historic C Street in the heart of town
- Shuttle service around town
- Virginia & Truckee Railroad spirit trains
- Have a docent or Living Legend decked out in their finest period attire be a step-on guide or lead a walking tour
Want more information about bringing your group or event to Virginia City?
Simply complete and submit our online request form.
For more information contact:
Virginia City Tourism Commission
If you are interested in information on any of these venues, we’ll work with you to help create a personalized experience for you and your group.
The following venue seating numbers:
- Café Del Rio: Seats 60
- Comstock Historic Center: Seats 60
- Edith Palmers Cider Factory: Seats 60
- Gold Hill Historic V & T Depot: Occupancy 100/150
- Gold Hill Hotel: Seats 100
- Historic Fourth Ward School: Seats 100/150
- Pipers Opera House: Seats 300
- Silverland Inn & Suites: Seats 150-1,000 (meeting room and outdoor arena)
- Mary’s Art Center: Seats 60
- Tahoe House Hotel: Seats 10/75
- Virginia City Arena & Fairgrounds: Occupancy 3,000
- Virginia & Truckee Railroad/Vintage Pullman Cars: Seats 20/150