Knights of Pythias Audio Tour
The Knights of Pythias building was erected in 1876 as a lodge for the group, a mutual aid and protection society started in Virginia City in 1873.
By 1879 there were three lodges in Virginia City, each having about 80 members. In 1866 Virginia City boasted the strongest Knights of Pythias group in Nevada and by 1930 was virtually defunct.
The building is distinguished by a pediment bearing the initial of the fraternal organization.