Roos Brothers Building Audio Tour
Located on C Street, five buildings down from Union Street, is the former Roos Brothers Clothing Store, identifiable by the traces of the sign which was painted the entire width of the building under the cornice.
The Roos Brothers established an important clothing business at 20-22 C Street in 1876. This building and its neighbor to the left have identical cast iron columns on the ground floor and the and the lettering of the manufacturer, Gold Hill Foundry.
This local enterprise, one of seven on the Comstock, operated from 1864 to the late 1880s forging ornamentation for commercial buildings on the Comstock.