Sawdust Corner Saloon Audio Tour
This building was built as a saloon in 1876. In 1878, the first floor was shared by a saloon and a cigar and tobacco shop.
First mention of the building as the Sawdust Corner Saloon was found in 1898. At the time, the second floor was occupied by a rooming house called the “Neat Club.”
The building retains many significant architectural features including its paired doors, cast iron pilasters and pressed metal cornice with brackets and dentil detailing.