Storey County Courthouse Audio Tour
The ornate High Victorian Italianate building, built from 1876-77, embodies 19th century ideals of law and order.
Construction began in 1876 after the previous building was destroyed in the fire of 1875. The total cost of the building, including its fixtures and the jail, was $117,000, a large sum of money even for the boom years.
The life-sized figure of “justice” which guards the entrance to the building is un-blindfolded, a rarity in the nation.